Monday, February 7, 2011

Swiper, no swiping

My kids love to watch Dora. Every episode, Dora and her friend, Boots go on a journey to find something or deliver something. And in every episode, somewhere in the middle, Swiper, the fox, tried to steal what they are delivering. Sometimes he succeeds and sometimes he is conquered by yelling "Swiper, no swiping. Swiper, no swiping. Swiper, no swiping." When Swiper succeeds in getting the "goods", Dora and Boots pursue him and reclaim what is rightfully theirs.

I am having a Dora moment in my life. God has given me a journey; laid out enough instructions in front of me to head in the right direction. And that stinkin fox, Satan, tries to rob me of what God has given me. He continues to try and bring discouragement in a number of ways.

A huge dependency in my head was our tax return. I was hoping to get around $6000 back which would cover many of the things we need to pay off and still leave a buffer to quit on. (All of you who are thinking why do you loan the government that much money, I know, I know - but this is how we do it here. I like getting the chunk of money) I started inputting the information. We started out at $6700... cool not bad. Then I started putting in my husbands info. Apparently the amount of taxes they take out on his paycheck is enough based only on his income. As soon as you put the two together, we're bumped up into another tax bracket and it wasn't even close to enough. Down, down, down went the tax return. I think we'll end up around the $2000 mark. What do we do now?

We stand and yell "Swiper, no swiping" and believe in faith that if this is God's will, HE WILL PROVIDE.

No comments: