Friday, February 11, 2011

The Silver Lining

So last post, I mentioned our taxes. I wasn't as bummed as I thought I would be.... at this point, I just know I have to trust God and it has to be Him anyway! I knew there were a few ways we were going to save up money. So I finally took the time to add up what we anticipated we would be saving over the next 6 months. Praise the Lord it added up to about $3750. It requires us to be diligent and not take that money for other things, but it is very doable. On every dark cloud there is a silver lining if you look for it.

I fear though with the taxes being lower than we thought, that some of our "plans" will have to be substituted. The first thing I thought of was to do an online public school instead of traditional homeschooling. That would save me the cost of curriculum. Some have suggested, however, that that is not a good idea.

My parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary this year and my sister and I were hoping to throw them a surprise celebration. We were each going to contribute $1000 towards a catered party. Now, I'm not sure what we'll be able to do if anything. (I type this anticipating my parents will not read this blog, they're not the computing type)

We purchased a car early in the summer of 2010 and currently owe more on it than it's worth. We are anticipating that we will need to sell it come June/July and need to put some money down on it to get it to a sellable price.

So many decisions.... so little time.... good thing I don't need to worry about it. God is in control. I will put my trust in Him.

No comments: