Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Boot Camp

My children have had it pretty easy thus far. We aren't really good about keeping a chore chart and having them regularly help with the house. Don't get me wrong, they have to help up when we do a big cleaning day, but I'm talking about the daily upkeep of their rooms, etc. We've had some babysitters over the years that were really good with making them do chores, but we never really followed through on the weekends or kept it up after they were gone. It just took too much time.

So, one of my first missions this summer when I am off is to send my kids through a chore boot camp. They complain pretty regularly when we ask them to do "work" now. It's going to take some "battling" to get them into gear and on a routine, but I know it will pay off after a few weeks.

I call it a boot camp because I'm hoping to make it "fun" while we go. I'm going to make them their own boot camp dog tags and everything.

Any suggestions on kids doing chores? Let me know.

No comments: