Friday, May 20, 2011

8 Weeks Left

I cannot believe how fast time is counting down. There are so many things going on around our house, school ending, and at work that I hardly have time to think about how close this is.

Two nights ago I did another budget review just to see where we were. It felt like we had been on a little spending spree lately and I wanted to see how bad we were hurting ourselves. Reviewing the budget helps keep in perspective what we purchase since we know things will be tight. And it did just that. We are still pretty good however, and will still have some money in savings going into the transition. We will be pretty set for at least the first 6 weeks.

I finally got all of my curriculum decisions squared away (thanks to friends and family who helped get us there). The boys will be doing Sonlight Core B for Science, History, Bible and Reading. Easy Grammar for grammar. Math U See for math, and ABEKA for spelling. Additionally I've already got my head spinning over what to do for music, gym and some computer lessons. Those things I will do 'off the cuff' since I have a lot of experience there and the boys play sports.

The boys are REALLY pumped about being homeschooled. Since we've been getting some curriculum books in the house, they want to start now! I bought a Mavis Beacon teaches typing CD because I think it's important for the kids to know how to type well and fast in this technology driven age. I learned when I was a child using this software and it's really good. The boys are already *gobbling* that up. They have been so excited when their WPM jumps even by 1.

So far they are really excited to learn and I hope that continues.

No comments: