Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mama Bird

Last weekend I went to a tea hosted by a local home school organization. It was very nice and my daughter was thrilled to get to do "girl stuff" again. The speaker, a very dear friend of mine, spoke about being in the ideal place that God meant for you and the fact that he has thoroughly equipped you to do His good work. They gave away a picture of a mother bird feeding her four babies on a branch to the attendee that had a little blue bird in their booklet. I was blessed to be the recipient of this photo. God speaks and reaffirms again. He has equipped me to do this good work.

My husband and I are attending a large home school convention this Friday in Cincinnati, OH. We're only spending the day there in order to avoid hotel costs, etc. I've got a pretty good handle on what curriculum we're going to use, but I am very interested in going through the Exhibitor hall and checking out what's available.

Next week is the week my husband starts part time. Crazily enough, I have a major peace about the whole situation. I have no idea how God is going to provide, but I really am not worrying about it. Of course, check with me again in two weeks when the first paychecks come and it might be a different story. I'll try to be strong though. I am trusting Him and learning to lean on Him more and more.

That's about all.

No comments: