Monday, July 11, 2011

The home stretch - Baseball pun intended :)

This week is my last week of work. Only 5 work days to go. If this were a fairy tale, the prince and princess would be getting married and we'd be about 5 minutes away from the credits rolling. However, they never show you in the movies, life after the fairy tale. That's what we're bracing for. I've been really excited the past few weeks to see this day coming. Even when I think about money, I know that God is going to provide. My faith is increasing. However, I don't expect it to be easy at all.

Even in light of getting ready to face the storm/valley, whatever would be considered a low difficult time, God has still been blessing us amazingly. My company offers a yearly summer event at the ball park for the families of employees. You are given two free tickets and are able to purchase additional tickets at half price. Even at half price, the remainder of our family would cost about $67. (Side note: Why is everything so expensive when you need a quantity of 7 ???) My father, who also works for the company, and I started asking around for anyone not using their tickets. God blessed us with enough tickets to take our whole family!!! And food/drinks are included in the event so it will be a fun night for the family that will only cost us the price of parking!!!

Secondly, another thing my company offers is to volunteer at a baseball game during some of the kids events. As a bonus for volunteering you get tickets to a future baseball game. I decided to volunteer yesterday and received vouchers for 4 Club seat tickets to any future game. These are $100 tickets that include a full buffet of food!! We decided to break up the tickets and get 2 tickets to 2 different games so that my husband and I could enjoy two "free" date nights over the next couple months. I scheduled the games about 6 weeks apart to maximize the fun and date time needed. Again, this is an evening that will only cost us the price of parking.

A good friend told me to be prepared for these kinds of blessings and I have to admit, this has been really fun to see God pouring out His gifts on us. Doing things God's way may confound the wise, but God rewards those who diligently seek Him.

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 7:11

1 comment:

Gfam said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!! I am all excited about this Friday and the journey beyond. It is gonna be awesome!