Friday, April 8, 2011

Under 100 days

Can you believe it? Under 100 days and I will no longer be working full time for a corporation. It's so crazy. A few days ago an old boss sent me an email. He was wondering if I wanted to do some side work for another company we had worked with a little south of where I live. I had thought numerous times about contacting both this boss and the owner of the other company after I quit to see if they had any work available. I decided to hold off until I had actually left my company so that there would be no "conflict of interest". You can imagine my excitement when he contacted me first! I exchanged emails with my old boss and filled him in on what I'm doing. He encouraged me to get in contact with this other company as well. I called them and for this particular instance they had figured out what they needed to do. However, I was able to share with them what I will be doing mid-summer and ask them to keep me in mind for side work. I was relieved that the work didn't need me now because things are still so crazy trying to keep up with work and the kids and all. But God allowed me to plant those seeds for future work! Thank you Lord!

No comments: